Poll: What is your favorite history curriculum?

The Story of the World is our FAVORITE!!

Weā€™re just starting but they all look neat!

Iā€™m still searching for a history curriculum I really like. I started with Latter-day Learningā€™s history course because I liked that it taught a providential history from an LDS perspective, but I found it too time consuming and we switched to Story of the World, which Iā€™m not in love with, but itā€™s ok. I was thinking of trying Homeschool in the Woods for next year and was wondering how it would work for an 8th grader? Will it be too simple?

2 Likes

We are using COAH Road Trip USA this year and we are loving it. We all are learning so much. It is one of my kids favorite subjects. They ask, no beg, to play jeopardy. My son wanted to play it for his birthday party! ā€œUmmm. I donā€™t think the other kids will find it quite as exciting as you do.ā€ Haha

1 Like

Just getting started here. Iā€™m glad for this forum, to get to see peopleā€™s thoughts on all these different curriculums. My oldest is 4, so weā€™ll have to decide before too long! Thanks!

We used Story of the World this year, but didnā€™t really love it. I think to get my kids into it I would need to add in a visual aspect and a lot more hands on than I was doing. I am still deciding if I will go for Vol 2 or go in a different direction entirely. It is so helpful to be able to read everyoneā€™s replies! :smile:

We use my fatherā€™s world for history and love it. We have also used expedition earth in our co-op and really enjoyed it

1 Like

We are using A History of US this year at our co-op, because Mystery of History vol.4 was not out yet. We have enjoyed A History of US, but I loved loved loved Mystery of History. The resource book with activities (divided in age levels), reviews, etc was great!

We are using Biblioplan. It goes along with Story of The World. Our verdict is still out on it. We are really new to this so itā€™s hard to say with nothing to compare it too.

We are doing Creation to the Greeks this year. We started with ECC last year (our first year).

I donā€™t have a favorite history curriculum yet because I havenā€™t started one yet and am looking for one! So glad to have found this post!

Weā€™re planning to use Road Trip USA next year for first grade and preschool. Iā€™d also like to incorporate some historical/cultural studies based on my boysā€™ heritage/family tree. A couple members of my family have taken DNA tests that have shown so much diversity, so Iā€™m thinking of doing DNA tests for my boys and studying the cultures we see in the results. I can see us doing that as a fun thing on Fridays for many years.

We are currently using MOH Vol. 1 and we are enjoying it. I am considering using Homeschool In the Woods next year though as my children have expressed an interest in learning more about American history.

We love Sonlight but will be trying Winter Promise All American I next year. I want to try my two oldest together and this will allow us to try that. We love the literature approach:)

We love my fatherā€™s world. This year I needed my kids to be a little more independent, so they are using Veritas online. They enjoy that also.

1 Like

We have looked into MFW for history/geo studies. However i am a bit confused on what to buy if we were to do it that way. We are looking at the US History level, which is 1st grade i believe. Naturally we wouldnt be buying the whole package, what would you buy? Just the TM and Student sheets? Or maybe the reading books? And supplement related reading books via library? Just curious :smile:

We are using Stories of Great Americans

We use Mystery of History. I like the Biblical worldview, and how it incorporates Biblical history with world history. We also do a notebook timeline using Homeschool in the Woods historical timeline figures.

Just started using Homeschool in the woods, i was skeptical at first because you read from a printout sheet and i wasnt sure my kids would be able to follow it. surprisingly, both my kids retained all the information and really enjoyed the lessons!

Classical Conversations Weekly History Sentences with supplemental History Cards and various worksheets on CC Connected