Poll: What is your favorite history curriculum?

We use My Father’s World. But we are considering taking a break from it and using Beautiful Feet next year.

I have heard a lot of good things about this curriculum!

1 Like

For years we used Christian Cottage Unit study. I really liked it when my children were younger but it doesn’t really fit our life now. We’ve gotten a bit more laid back and use Documentaries a lot now.

I am loving Story of the World! I read it aloud to my son, so we’re both learning. I have learned so much! Then we discuss, apply what we have learned about the past, current events & Biblical application. Although we have the Activity Book, we haven’t used it for much more than the maps & pronunciation guide. We will do Mystery of History when we finish SOTW,

1 Like

My oldest is doing Heart of Dakota this year. She is loving it! The book selection are awesome. She really likes the way it is scheduled and the guide makes it very easy for her to do it independently. She is doing the Missions to Modern Marvels guide for her 7th grade year.

With my other two I do my own thing, gathering great books for us to read together.

2 Likes

Honestly, we have been looking for a good history curriculum. We haven’t found one yet. I have a 5 year old girl, and this year we simply started with the history of her and us. We have added in historical events when we are doing a study unit. But I would really like to find a history curriculum that will work better than what we have been doing this year.

We are loving SOTW volume 1 right now.

I really enjoy A Beka for history, but we are also doing Vertias Press’ online history. It is so much fun and my kids enjoy it!1

1 Like

I have looked at a few that my friends use, but so far I’ve only really liked Mystery of History because it can be used across multiple age levels. And I like how it interweaves the bible with history.

We don’t currently use any history “curriculum.” We read about history, visit historical places, watch historical documentaries, etc. We also travel a lot and my little ones love looking at and exploring maps and globes.

Haven’t started homeschooling yet but when I do I am really looking forward to using Road Trip USA!! I’m actually excited to learn about the states :wink:

We use Homeschooling in the Woods for this year studying the states of USA.

1 Like

We plan to do the expedition earth next year

I don’t really have one yet. We are just at the beginning of homeschool - kindergarten this fall! But I’m looking forward to Road Trip USA.

I like to use living books rather than a curriculum for history. We recently finished “The Light and the Glory for Young Readers” which is a history of America (1492-1797 or so) through the lens of how God worked in the lives of those involved of creating the history.

I haven’t used a history curriculum yet. Actually I’m right in the thick of checking different things out. I like the look of mystery of history. I’ve never heard of homeschool in the woods. I will definitely check it out! And of course I’m interested in looking into expedition earth and road trip usa.

I love Mystery of History and it’s chronological approach but part of me feels like it’s so heavy for the little ones. Abeka feels more manageable to me. Maybe that is only because the books are smaller though

We use My Fathers’s World for Bible, History and Science. We are about to start our 3rd year. We really love it!

1 Like

We used Sonlight for the first time this year but we didn’t love it. I’m thinking about using some things from Memoria Press next year. We also plan to start reading Story of the World.

We’ve been using the Expedition Earth plans this year along with watching daily news reports and Googling what we see/hear. We’re more focussed on current events and learning about the world we live in.