Welcome! Let's get to know each other!

Hi! My name is Carmen and I have been homeschooling for 2 years. We have 4 awesome children (ages 5,7,11,12). We are still trying to figure out our style of teaching. We started homeschooling because of different reasons. I enjoy homeschooling and like the flexibility it gives our family.

Hello everyone!!! My name is Jamica. I am a mom to a wonderful little one. I am in NC and am new to homeschooling!!! I am needing HELP!!!

How long have you been homeschooling?
NEVER

How many children do you have?

What teaching style do you like best? Charlotte Mason, Traditional, Eclectic, etc.
I think Charlotte Mason, but I am looking into becoming Montisourri (pardon the spelling)

Why did you start homeschooling?
Sadly, the area I live in has chosen to start teaching things that should only be taught at home. they have voted to include the LGTB agenda in the curriculum and have told parents that they cannot opt their children out.

Hello, My name is Donna, I have been seriously considering (and then backing out of) homeschooling for 2 years now. But this year my determination has finally won out.

My two children ages 13 & 14, both successful students in the 7th & 8th grades, are attending their last year of public school. As to the why I am homeschooling… I am a pastor’s wife and we lead very busy and non conventional lives. Our schedules are not determined by the clock or the calendar but by the needs that we serve in our church and our community. However my main concern, that has finally prompted me forward, is that I don’t believe my children are getting the best they deserve academically. While I admire and respect classroom teachers greatly, I have come to understand that no one is as invested in my children as I am. Being completely new to this journey I will be looking to the stories and advice of others to serve as a type of coach as I step into the batter’s box.

Wish me luck… no never mind that just PRAY and I mean pray for me :slight_smile:

Hi my name is Devon and I have been homeschooling for 3 years. Since we started our family in 2009 it was my hearts desire to homeschool our kids. After showing my husband the benefits of homeschooling and much prayer we both agreed that homeschooling was the path that God chose for our family. God was defiantly guiding our path because he knew the children He was going to give to us. We have three biological children (8, 6, 4) and two of them are special needs. We also have an adoptive daughter who is older but has needed our help with her daughter and they are both special needs. Finally we are foster parents to three amazing kids (17, 8,8) who all have special needs. Homeschooling had defiantly opened up many doors to allow us to serve God’s Kingdom.