Poll: What is your favorite Bible curriculum?

Thank you SOOO much for posting this. I have been searching for a good Bible curriculum and I had never heard of this before I read your post. And wow, I am so glad I came across this!!!

@DeannaForgard Oh I am so glad this is helpful! I would also say keep an eye out for What’s In the Bible sales–the DVDs coincide with the lessons (the lessons move very slowly through the DVDs though, which is good, often repeating an episode two weeks in a row which my kids don’t mind at all, and there are two episodes per DVD). I actually just got an email today that the What’s in the Bible DVDs are on sale for $7 each on their Web site right now and free shipping over $25! They recently had a sale a month ago though for $5 each video! And I will also say that it takes us two weeks to move through one of the Bible Road Trip “weeks” at least in the beginning. :slight_smile: So even just buying videos 1-3 if you don’t already have them would keep you going for awhile. We go slow and take our time working through it. A good Bible story coloring book is good to have on hand to go along as supplement, but other than that, the recommended resources are all we purchased. The rest is all free downloads. I am so glad you like it and that it was helpful!

Thanks for the info. Where would I need to go to get the email notifications you mentioned?

We are just starting this too! We are starting with Teach Me How to Pray.

@DeannaForgard Sorry it took me so long to respond! We were traveling out of town! I just went to the What’s In the Bible Web site (whatsinthebible.com) and signed up to get on their e-mail list on that main page :slight_smile: I hope this info helps! Have a great week!

I discovered BJU’s Bible curriculum and we really enjoy it.

We use Explorer’s Bible Study Foundations. I saw it last summer at the Texas Homeschool Convention and was super impressed. We have done Old Testament Overview and are now completing New Testament Overview. We will choose two others to complete next year.

Um…well, we’re Buddhists, so we don’t have a Bible curriculum, but we do daily Dharma Talks in the mornings where we talk about the teachings of Buddha and practice meditation.

Are there any other non-Christian families out there who are a part of this community?

We do AWANA at church so we just use their club books for our Bible lessons. It has a lesson and then a memory verse. It follows the school year too, so we love using it.

Also, Answers in Genesis is great.

That’s so wonderful! It’s so nice when you find a curriculum that you love:). Glad I could help!

This is my front runner for Bible Curriculum for the fall. I’ll have a 3rd/5th grader. Any suggestions or helpful hints? Does it have weekly memory verses?

There is a new The Dig Proverbs out today and it is $0.99 for today only! http://www.amazon.com/Dig-Kids-Proverbs-Patrick-Schwenk-ebook/dp/B00XWEGG1S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432753612&sr=8-2&keywords=the+dig+proverbs

@Placeof6 - How old are your kids? I’ve been eyeing this book as well, so I’m curious. Also, does it cover most of the bible, or just select stories.

Hello!
My children are 10, 8, 5 and almost 3. the 3 year old isn’t really in on it yet. I usually print off a coloring page that i have found on the internet that relates so they can color while i read. I covers more bible then any other study we have done so far, very comprehensive. It is always bringing stories back to God’s sovereignty and plan, that the old testament was about Jesus. It’s been amazing. When we finish, which should be this year, I plan to go thru their New testament book. :slight_smile: