Geology / Earth Science for Middle School

Hey everyone! I have a question about a science course! I am looking for an engaging geology or earth science course for a middle school student. Currently my kids love the Exploring Creation series - but I want them to do an in depth study of the earth/geology as well. Can anyone recommend something that might be similar? A colorful text full of interesting facts, and a notebook journal to go along with it? (or, just anything if something like that doesn’t exist. :slight_smile: ) I would appreciate your help because I am coming up with nothing! Thanks!!

God’s Design For LIfe has Our Planet Earth. It’s designed to be used for grades 1-8. My son went through it last year at our co-op and he loved it.

Thank you - I am checking this out :smile:

I have a K and 2nd grader, so I don’t know much about middle school curriculums. However, last year I was on TPT looking for an interactive geology notebook for a unit I was doing with my then 6 year old. I saw quite a few good looking science notebooks for geology. I don’t know the age ranges, but many were too old for our purposes last year. If all else fails, you might find something on that site. Good luck! :smile:

Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry - this is probably a really lame question - but what is TPT? Thanks so much for your help!

Check out elemental science, the logic series. (elementalscience.com) They are inexpensive and engaging.

We are doing biology (Grammar Stage) and the Zoology Living Series, and we love it!

1 Like

TPT is Teachers Pay Teachers.

1 Like

Sorry for not seeing your question sooner - TPT is TeachersPayTeachers.com - great website where teachers (or various types of educators) create and sell curriculum materials, units, etc. I was reluctant to purchase anything from there at first, but it’s a well organized, maintained site - everything is very legit and professionally maintained. After a while, it becomes quite addictive - I mean, most of the prices are absurdly cheap - under $5 for something fabulous that you just print and use. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! @nerakr and @triton17 - :slight_smile: