Board Game suggestions

Hello there!
I am looking to purchase a few new board games for my Little People ages 5,7,& 9. What are some of your favorites for this age group?

1 Like

We love board games! My kids are 5 and 7. We enjoy CLUE, Life, monopoly Jr, Blokus, Race to the Treasure, Obstacles, Curious George Discovery Beach, Eye Found It (we have Disney version and Busy town version), Tic Stack Toe and Scrabble Jr. We are always looking for more so I’m interested in hearing others favorites. We have Ticket to Ride in our wish list.

We love Headbandz and Apples to Apples!

1 Like

We love, love, love Game of Life and Sorry

We love board games! Pit, uno, Sorr, chutes and ladders, the Lego game, blokus, and yahtzee are favorites here. There is a series of geography games called 10 days inEurope, the Americas, Africa, etc that is excellent, but not easy for younger kids. Though you can change it to make it easier.

Enchanted Forest is a hit here with our 5yo son and 7yo daughter and parents and grandparents even! Found it at Rainbow Resource and highly recommend :slight_smile:

We have a few games from Think Fun (Robot Turtle, Zingo, Rush Hour), and we enjoy Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game also.

Sorry and trouble are classic fun ones! We enjoy uno also.

I just bought the Scrambled States of America board game last week. We have only played it once but it was fun. Really helps with geography. My kids are 7 and 5 and so it was easier to be on teams. My daughter and I vs. my husband and son. There are instructions for normal play and a little separate blurb for younger/new readers. :slight_smile:

I also bought Sum Swamp recently. The kids really like it and it is not complicated. It’s helping the older one reinforce and the younger one learn addition and subtraction.

We really love Qwirkle…so much fun for all ages.

1 Like

My kids really enjoy the game “sequence for kids”

Blokus, Labopoly, Jaipur, Mastermind, Rat A Tat Cat, Sleeping Queens, Creationary, Headbanz, Stratego, Apples To Apples Jr…

@Trish @J_momof3 @Trish @Jenner259 @nichole0405 @udgal05 @Forchristandkids @michelletown @Proverbs31

Just wanted to thank you for all the board game suggestions!

3 Likes

@Lindsay@UCF @juliek

Thank you for the board game suggestions!

We love Spot it Jr and Five Below had a Paw Patrol version of Trouble Jr we love.

@MotherofMany Here is a great link showing a family of young children playing Enchanted Forest! We watched this and it helped us decide when buying this game. I love that Rainbow Resource offers this video! I meant to include this link earlier but couldn’t find it initially!

1 Like

Our family is a game family!! We have 2 LARGE bookshelves dedicated to just games (and we need more storage!) Anyways, some of our family favorites are Sorry, Sequence, Sequence States and Capitols, Doodle Dice, Scattergories, any of the “Cranium” family of games, clue, and Dix It. Those are same of the games we seem to play more often then others! Good luck finding some new games and have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If your kids are into Lego we really enjoy the game City Alarm. We also have Pirate Plank which is fun too. Both are Lego games.

1 Like

@UCF612 I didn’t even know Lego made board type games! I don’t know how I missed this entire category of Lego products! My son LOVES Legos and we are actually starting Lego Education curriculum for him next school year when he will be a 1st grader. I have now bookmarked these two games on my Christmas 2015 wish list for him. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy the games! I’d love to try Lego Education but always get confused by the website.