Your Favorite Educational Toys and Games

My son turns 3 in October and we are trying to make a “Wish List” for him to send his grandparents. We would really like to make a list of toys that could double as “teaching” resources.

We LOVE Melissa and Doug and usually ask for a lot of their toys (we currently have both sets of pattern blocks, several puzzles, latch board, and a shape sorter).

What are your kids favorite learning toys? And, how did you implement them into your preschool or kindergarten curriculum (if applicable)?

My 2 kids loved playing with the wooden lacing cards, they had an animal set. One toy that they still play with & they are 8 &10 is a set of wooden building blocks. We also have the Melissa & Doug wooden barn, castle & doll house sets. These are great quality & will last thru to the next generation.

1 Like

Rush Hour Jr. He may be a bit young for another year or so. My kids had something similar on their LeapPads and then we ran across this game in a toy store.
http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=005257

1 Like

That looks like a fun game! I think it would be for a year or so down the road, too. But I like that it reinforces creative and logical thinking.

We have the lacing cards, an animal set, and building blocks. We also have a fisher price barn. (Actually, that is probably a list of about half of his toys, lol) We just need more ideas like that! We are in a 900 sq ft apartment and are having a second child this fall, so I really want just a few high quality toys that will last years and don’t take up a ton of space.

Mine loves the game Spot It. There are several versions of the game. It keeps him entertained. We have Spot It and the Letters & Numbers one.

2 Likes

My 2 girls love Spot It! I even like to play it with them!

1 Like

I just recently stumbled upon this pin on pinterest & thought it might help give you some ideas.

http://www.stirthewonder.com/top-10-games-puzzles/

1 Like

Awesome list! We have seen the sneaky squirrel game at Walmart and were considering it.

1 Like