Worldly Wise - online or textbook?

I would love to hear from those of you using Worldy Wise if you are using the online program or using the textbook. While I love having a book in hand, I thought my kids might enjoy doing one of their classes on the computer. I welcome any other feedback on Worldly Wise as well as this will be our first year using it. Thanks for any feedback.

I am using the workbook one this year for the first time. I’d be interesting in hearing any feedback on both versions as well!

1 Like

Same here. Using the workboo this year but very interested in the online version for next year!

1 Like

We use the workbook and have the (free) online app.

1 Like

We used the workbook last year and my kids HATED it. (4th & 2nd grades they were) this year I’m having the third grader finish up the workbook and im looking into the online version because it seems better to me…more fun. We will see though…good luck to you!

1 Like

We started last year with the workbook and when my 3rd grader finished that (he didn’t love it) I purchased an online subscription through Homeschool Buyers Coop. He liked online much better!!

2 Likes

Kathi - do you like it? Nervous about it now that others are saying they didn’t/don’t like it. Thanks!

We like it because it uses a variety of techniques to teach the words: stand alone, in a sentence, in a reading selection, etc. But it seems to be one grade ahead of what it says it is (ie, book 3 skews closer to a 4th grade level). It is a workbook but the pages aren’t colorful with a lot of distractions. For others, this is “boring” but for my daughter, it is helpful.

1 Like

Thanks Kathi - and thanks for tip on it seeming a grade ahead!

1 Like