Working at Home

Good Morning! Would anyone be able to suggest some possible companies (or independent contractor ideas) that are legit and beneficial, that offer stay-at-home work hours? I’m searching for 10-15 hours a week (and while it’s not ideal to homeschool and work, we need to supplement some income due to some our daughter’s on-going medical needs). Thank you so much! - Blessed, Heidi

2 Likes

What kind of work are you looking for?

I own a small marketing agency and I work at home. All of my team members also work from their homes. It’s becoming more and more common.
I have hired a few awesome people from this website - www.HireMyMom.com

If you have a computer and an internet connection, you can work from home. There are lots of part time jobs advertised there including: social media management, writing, blogging, proofreading, customer service, accounting, bookkeeping, reporting, photoshop, graphic design, Admin, payroll, translation, etc.

You’ll need excellent communication skills and a bit of tech “know how” to use Skype and online tools to stay in touch. Hope this helps you!

You could look into medical transcription. I don’t personally do this, however, I do have several friends who do. They work a flexible schedule from home. Sorry I can’t offer any more details!

I had started a page about this on my blog if you wanted to look at it (at the top under Income from Home). I did research each company but have not personally worked for any of them. I actually work full time outside the home, at a job I am truly blessed to enjoy being at. I knew, however, it was something that many homeschool parents look into though and I wanted to compile a list. I hope it helps!

1 Like

Hi! Have u thought of child care? I say this bc I work outside of our home for 20-25 hrs a week and I would love to have a homeschool mama that could watch my kiddos, do the co-op thing if it fell during my working hours, etc. Right now one child is in daycare, he’s 3 and we do love her home daycare but when we chose this path last year she had no openings for our older (4th grade) son. He goes to his grandma’s (we are fortunate here ) but she’s older and cannot take him to the co-op activities. He does his homework and reads but it could be so much more if we had another HS mama. Anyhow just wondered if that might be an option for you? Another thought is my boss pays a stay at home mom to put together units for our office (I’m a speech language pathologist) and we all use them with our specific targets with clients. We all love the great units and so do the kids . Maybe there is a similar place where you live that could also use help like our office. Good luck! It’s tough to juggle everything but so worth it!

My goodness, ladies - thank you so sincerely much for taking the time to share your wisdom and encouragement! :smile:

• Jen71 - Thank you! My background is in program management and marketing. I’ve worked in the arts and education arenas for over 10 years. I hope it’s okay to say that believe I’m pretty “tech savy” and have impressive communication skills, from my years of professional work and advancement. I would love to speak with you further, to learn more about your goals, etc, should you have an opening at some point. Thank you for sharing the website; I will surely look into it as well!

• KBB - Thank you too! I will definitely look into the medical transcription field and see what it all entails.

• FraggleMom - Thank you! I will definitely check out your blog - I appreciate your taking the time to share!

• Linds - Thank you as well! That’s an awesome idea! I’ll talk to a few fellow moms and see if I could get my name out there. Thank you!!!