What is your favorite Science Curriculum? (3rd/4th grade)

Hello! We are finishing up with Abeka 3 Science for my 2nd and 3rd grader. I am not too impressed with it. It is good for facts and a basic foundation, but I’d like something more fun for their 3rd/4th grade year. Any suggestions?

1 Like

You may want to look into Apologia science curriculum. It’s supposed to be very hands-on (as much or as little as you want to) with options for notebooking and/or lapbooking. I plan on doing the Astronomy after my daughter finishes K5 in the spring.

2 Likes

We are using Elemental Science and are very pleased with it, but I am also very interested in God’s Design for Science by Answers in Genesis. I purchased One of Apologia’s books to consider it for my 3rd and 1st grader next year, but it was far more in depth and over their heads than I wanted to go at this age. I hope this helps!

I’ll be trying Answers in Genesis God’s Design for Science this year. The text has labels inside for what to read for 1st-2nd grade and more in depth text for 3rd-5th grade. I like the looks of it. Apologia’s text samples seemed a bit too much for us.

1 Like

We will be using Home Science Adventures by Stratton House astronomy, birds and magnetism for 3rd grade. I haven’t used it yet so I can’t say if I like it or not but we are excited to get started!

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate it!

My son used Answers in Genesis last year at the homeschool coop. He loved it. We are going to use it this year at home. He wants to study animals, so we are going to do God’s Design for Life: The World of Animals. I’m not sure how fast we’re going to go through it, there are actually three in this series. But I know there are hands-on activities for them.