What is your favorite or preferred vocabulary building curriculum/resource?

I hope I didn’t miss this thread already, I looked and couldn’t find one. I found one on spelling but not vocabulary. We’re using Wordly Wise and have for the past couple of years. It’s “okay” but i’d like to check out some others too! What are your favorite vocabulary building resources? :smiley:

Same with us…we are using wordly wise and would like something different. It’s what my kids used in their charter school so I went with it, after six months of seeing it in action, I don’t think they learn a thing from it!

1 Like

We recently began using Words Their Way. I’ve read you can use it for phonics, spelling or vocabulary. It seems most a spelling program to me. I’m still learning how to use it.

1 Like

We used Vocabulary Workshop this year and it was “okay” as well. I honestly haven’t found a vocabulary program that I really like so far. I did check out Vocabulary Cartoons which looked fun, but I couldn’t quite figure out how to use them effectively. :frowning:

I also tried Evan-Moor Vocab Fundamentals, but they were really too easy in my opinion and only did a few words a week.

I’d love to hear what people recommend too!

1 Like