What are your favorite Easter celebration activities?

Hi everyone! Easter is upon us, and I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite ideas here in the community!

Here’s a post I did on some of our favorite Easter Holiday activities for kids:

What do you like to do?

1 Like

We love making Resurrection Rolls and hiding and discussing the items inside Resurrection eggs.

1 Like

Resurrection Eggs…ugh, I need to plan for this week. I haven’t gotten Easter activities ready or our 100 day activities. We have been so busy at church that I haven’t even thought about this weeks activities.

One year we read Amon’s Adventure: A Family Story for Easter. Here’s a review I did. Good stuff (by Arnold Ytreeide–same author who does advent stories like Jotham’s Journey…)

We do a scavenger hunt inside and out for the kids to follow riddles/clues to get to their Easter basket. The kids LOVE this. We also do Easter egg “fights” at Easter dinner - tapping hardboiled/decorated eggs with the goal of being the last one without a cracked egg shell. It is so much fun for everyone young and old!

Okay, this will sound bad, but let me explain! We “egg” our friends’ houses! I call ahead and ask our friends to stay inside that we are coming over on a secret mission. When we arrive, our family hides 12 eggs in the yard and attach a sign to their door, then we ring the doorbell and run for the van, a la ‘ding dong ditch’! Eleven of the eggs have treats in them, but one is empty. The sign we leave on the door explains why: “We’ve hidden 12 eggs in your yard! Enjoy the hunt, but don’t be discouraged when you find the empty egg. It is a reminder of Jesus’ empty tomb, for He is RISEN!” This is the link to the post that explains it and has the printable sign: http://happyhomefairy.com/2013/03/24/youve-been-egged-he-is-risen-style-free-printable/

We pick three friends to egg and do this on Good Friday every year. It may be our favorite activity!

3 Likes