Voyages in English TM

Quick question about Voyages in English. I have seen quite a bit of talk about the program and I really like what I see. My question is this: How imperative is/are the Teacher’s Books? We will be doing 1st and 2nd grade. I think most that material is pretty easy to teach and extras (if needed) are easy to find. I see that they explain the topic at the beginning of the lesson. I’m sure the TM has a lot of wonderful teaching ideas, but a family on a budget right now, I am trying to cut costs at any area possible. Could we get away without the TM at this level?

Hey - I love Voyages, and I’ve always had the teacher books, but I don’t think it’s imperative. You can download the sentence starters, the daily edits and the writing rubrics from the website for free. For the older grades you can even download the monthly lesson outline. I like the teacher guides because they offer teaching support, little games and reading book ideas that correlate with the chapter, but I don’t think it’s a must (at least not for 1st and 2nd grade). Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! It does!