Using A Beka Spelling?

We have been using A beka Speling with my kids for the last 4 years. I’m trying to make it more “hands-on” than just copying lists of words. We started using some letter tiles, but I need more ideas. Thanks!

Here are some different things we’ve done in the past to study spelling words:
stamps
sidewalk chalk(outide on the drive)
alphabet stickers
We sing the spelling of the word
We swing while practicing
unscramble the word(which is a bit tougher on little ones
Hope that helps!

1 Like

We play finding letters on license plates, signs, at grocery store finding certain words…just some extras we do when we are out running errands. My son thinks of it more as a game than spelling so he is always excited to play it.

Spelling City is a helpful website to get kids to practice their lists, with vocabulary and spelling games. You can enter their lists for the week. There is a free account or a paid premium account which adds several different games and tracking options. We also use a dry erase board for practice with different colored pens. Anything different helps!

1 Like

Thank you for all the ideas. They will be so helpful! Blessings!

Thank you for taking time to reply! I will consider all your ideas.

Thanks, I was wondering about Spelling City but I didn’t know there was a free acount. I will check the website. Thanks again!

I am using A beka spelling starting in the fall! These ideas are great! Thanks for the post! ( they do have games in the teachers manual to play also. :smile:

Spelling City has been a huge help, that I went ahead and bought a year subscription. I love that my girls can take the test online too.