Unit Studies for movies

There are many unit studies out there for good books!! Definitely going to do some!! But are there any for movies?? My kids LOVE watching a good movie…I have the kind of kids who will literally SIT & WATCH the whole way through! Anyone heard of unit studies for movies or know of any good ones that exist out there?

1 Like

I have been trying to think about this. Are you looking for classical movies that follow book plot lines? Or are you interesting in educational movies?

For a classical movie - I came up with the old cartoon version of Charlotte’s Web. :slight_smile: It follows the book pretty well - so you could do a unit study on it using a book study unit. But it has to be the old version http://www.amazon.com/Charlottes-Web-Debbie-Reynolds/dp/B00AEFXMGU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427462706&sr=8-2&keywords=charlotte’s+web+dvd - and not the new one with Julia Roberts - that one doesn’t follow the book at all.

I will try to keep thinking. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ones that have a book as well would be great and educational ones but also good old family movies too :wink: Perhaps even some Disney/Pixar movies be cool too!! Trying to see if there are unit studies already made for movies so I won’t have to come up with my own :wink:

My boys always loved Old Yeller growing up and I saw recently a unit study on Pinterest. Also Where the Red Fern Grows, great movie and saw a unit study for it as well. Little House on the prairie, Little Women, Sarah, Plain and Tall…tons of movie unit study combos out there.

2 Likes

Awesome!! Time to create another Pinterest board :wink:

Check out homeschoolmovieclub.com. They have movies like “Dolphin Tale 2” and an entire curriculum/unit study to go along with it. I tagged it, because I wanted to incorporate story-telling through different media. But also, tie it into other subjects like science, geography, etc…

2 Likes