Tenmarks summer math program. FREE

For grades 1 to algebra 2. Just select homeschool as school. You can customize rewards and they earned points. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&docId=1003003471&linkCode=ur2&tag=truecoupcom-20&linkId=FF2LCVTXDWPRXSFC

Hi jessiemarie1018,

Thanks for sharing this. Have you tried it yet? Or has anyone in the community tried it? I like the idea, but it looks like it is centered around common core math. Is that true? Anyway, curious to hear if anyone has used it yet.

Thanks,
jason

Hi Jason,

My son was required to use this program this whole school year through our charter that we homeschool through and it is really terrible. It is common core focused, which wouldn’t have been so bad except that it honestly felt like total busy work and I don’t feel my son got much out of it. He also dreaded doing it everytime I had to make him. So, yeah, I would NOT recommend it. We have also used DreamBox math and that one was WAY better…though definitely not free.

Thanks for that information ItoLina! I love getting first hand reviews. :smile:

I had a feeling when I read about it that maybe the common core would be an issue for us too. We also find that sometimes programs don’t align with the order with which we’ve taught math.

Thanks again!!

Jason

Thank for the reply. I dont know anything about it. My oldest daughter use success maker math and she hated it. And I don’t think it taught her anything.