Tapestry of Grace vs Heart of Dakota

I apologize in advance, but there’s a backstory to this question:

Many years ago, God instilled in me a desire to homeschool my (then) future children. I am a huge planner, so naturally I started researching the various homeschool curriculas available when I was pregnant with my son (now almost 3 and Baby #2 on the way).

When I first started researching, hubby wasn’t completely committed to the idea of homeschool through high school, so I was researching with the premise that we’d only homeschool for the elementary years.

I eventually discovered HOD and liked it a lot. I wanted a curriculum that was comprehensive, but taught using living books rather than textbooks. Since we were only planning to homeschool for K-5, I thought it would be a great fit for us.

In the past year or so, hubby has become much more open about homeschooling in general and as such has agreed that (barring an issue arising where a child NEEDS to not be homeschooled for some reason) we will go all the way through to graduation.

It recently occurred to me that several of the programs I liked when I was researching a few years ago were dismissed as impractical because we wouldn’t be homeschooling through high school. Among these options were Sonlight, Mystery of History, and Tapestry of Grace.

I very much like the idea of being able to do subjects like science and history together as a group, so that has been the one major thing about HOD that I wish was different (that and the fact that the middle and high school years get very pricey).

I have gone back and researched curriculas again with high school in mind and have narrowed down my options to HOD and TOG.

So I’d like to hear your thoughts and reviews of either of these programs if you’ve used them before. What do you like/dislike about them? Were you able to find used items fairly easily to cut down costs? For TOG, do you recommend the digital or print version? I know I’m the type of person who would want a hard copy to look through, but the digital version is much cheaper. So is it worth the discount to have to print it myself, or would the cost of printing end up being more than the cost of just purchasing the print version?

Any comments you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!