Sonlight has sad customer service

Sorry for this little rant, but I have to get it off my chest!
I ordered a sonlight core off of eBay (because that’s what I can afford) and I also don’t like to be wasteful and I’d rather use something again and pas it on than to have it thrown away.
So I emailed sonlight asking about which timeline figures gonwith the 3rd grade readers I bought, and they responded saying that they couldn’t help me because I didn’t buy their curriculum brand new!!! Really? I’m soo upset and hurt at this.
They couldn’t respond to one question because I didn’t buy new??? I’m still using their program, so I don’t see the issue?

I’ve bought a ton of stuff new and used and have never had an issue like this with another company. Makes me want toncan their curriculum all together and go with something else…ugh

Sorry, I’m done now. Just thought being a Christian homeschooling company they’d be more helpful.

1 Like

Wow! I can’t believe they didn’t answer your one question. Like you said, you are still using their curriculum so what difference does it make. UGH! How frustrating! I’m so sorry. I would feel the exact same way. They shouldn’t make you feel shamed for buying it used when they are a bit on the pricey side to begin with. I buy a lot of things used and it would really hurt my feelings if a company did the same to me.

Again, I’m sorry they treated you that way. Hopefully it was just someone having a bad day and not a normal occurrence.

Good luck in your new school year! :grinning:

I won’t be buying anything new from their site. I’m really excited about our school year with sonlight this year, just bummed about their customer service. I’ll continue to buy used I guess.

Have a wonderful school year too!