Should I leave online schooling?

Thank you @Luvmyboys - Thank you - you are so sweet! You make me feel like I can do it!! Also -you put it into the perfect words! The pressure is so intense with K12 and only gets worse the higher up in the grade levels you go - I feel a weight lifted from my shoulders just thinking about the freedom we are going to have next year. I can’t wait to be able to study something for however long we want to, and not have to worry about “getting behind.” (Or as you mentioned the myriads of tests they require! Bleh!) Thank you for your kind words - I really appreciate it! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. I wish I were as brave. I’m just happy that I decided to continue homeschooling at all. :slight_smile: I still lose sleep over my decision because I don’t want to mess up my kids. lol Anyhow, it sounds like you have certainly got the experience to go on your own. I was just happy to see that someone else had the same concerns I did. I thought I was the only one with those thoughts about k12. My poor husband has to hear about it daily. I can’t wait to hear updates with how you are doing next year.

Thank you @mlnunes - I want to assure you that I am not brave! lol :slight_smile: I enjoyed K12 when my son was in Kinder - and even 1st grade was OK - but after that I just haven’t enjoyed it very much at all. The pressure builds with each grade, and expectations become more than I think needs to be put on elementary age students. It took me 3 years of stress to decide to take the plunge!

I think it was my husband that finally pushed me over the edge too, lol, (as well as advise from COAH forum :slight_smile: ) he had to put up with me telling him daily how stressed I was and how much I wasn’t enjoying schooling. The kids were stressed out everyday and it just wasn’t working. He finally just told me: that I was smart enough to do it on my own. He told me to just start looking for curriculum and see if I thought it would be OK. Then I really got excited about all that I could do and all that I was finding… and I was hooked. :slight_smile:

If you ever need any help or support with K12 - please don’t hesitate to ask - I will do my best to help with the stressful days (as well as the good days, because there are good days as well )- and I offer my support - keep up the great job - you can do it! :slight_smile:

1 Like