Religions of the World

Hello Everyone! Regardless of our religious beliefs my husband and I have always wanted to teach our children religions of the world.
We have a 5 and 7 year old. I would like to build a spiraling curriculum - one that touches upon a few religions every year, then after 3ish years it will cycle back and go through them again (the purpose being that they can learn about the religions in higher and more in depth forms as they get older… I believe there are many other curriculums that go through science and history in this spiraling form).
My question: I’m preparing to create this World Religions Curriculum. Does anyone have any good websites, books or resources they can recommend - either about “World Religions” as a whole, or about individual religions… anything you have come across that you have found beneficial? Thus far, I have the Usborne Encyclopedia to World Religions… I’m sure TPT and Pinterest will be used frequently as I plan. Anything else anyone can recommend? THANK YOU!!

I do not remember the name of the book, but Thomas Nelson (I believe) published a book that discussed World Religions from a Christian perspective. It basically gave a brief overview of who started it, when, the highlights of what they believe, and people in pop culture that practice it. Each religion was only 5 pages or so. It would be good for younger grades (K-5) even though it’s not a text book. So in point… You may actually check out a Christian bookstore and see what they have. Then look for a more advanced book or curriculum later on.

1 Like

On a quick search, I found this. Hope it helps.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0679839305/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1437727850&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=world+religions&dpPl=1&dpID=51hNllGN8uL&ref=plSrch

1 Like

Thank you TzuGal! I had the Mary Pope Osborne book on my list of potential ones to purchase… I’ll look into the other one you recommended. Thanks :smile:

1 Like