Reading Street - Looking for Reviews

Hi - Has anyone used Reading Street? Next year, I will be homeschooling my 5th, 3rd, and Kindergarten boys for the first time. They are in public school that uses Reading Street, so I thought I’d consider using it. I’m guessing it’s not too popular as I can’t find much information on it. Has anyone used it? If not, do you have an all-inclusive Language Arts recommendation? Thanks!

How wonderful, I hope you have a great year next year! All-inclusive (or all-in-one) types of LA programs never worked for my kids. Their reading was usually ahead of their writing and spelling. We found it easier to do separate programs and just limit the time for each so that we still spent a good amount of time overall on LA.

That’s a great point - I never thought of that! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

All inclusive program doesn’t work for us either but may for you! Look into The Good and the Beautiful it is a pretty affordable company. Also, Logic of English is pretty awesome. It is more expensive and that is a down side but it’s thorough. Learning through Language Arts looks like it will work. Other programs like Bool shark, Sonlight, Beautiful Feet etc that are boxed curriculum will outline your program for you if that’s what you are looking for. Don’t be afraid to step out of the box if that’s what you need. If I remember any other language arts programs I’ll post.

Thank you! That is very helpful!