Prepare for Your Best Year of Christ-Centered Homeschooling Ever!

The Homeschooling Curriculum Summit is Online and Free! And it starts today!
It is like a homeschool convention.
You can watch speakers live starting at 10, and ask your own questions, or watch at your own leisure for each of the days.
Check out the link at http://homeschoolsummits.com for all of the info.
I learned about this through email from Rainbow Resources, Master books and others.

3 Likes

Who is signed up and watching the videos? I have only had a chance to watch the one from yesterday and the first one from today’s schedule, so far. I have some catching up to do but am I encouraged!!
I enjoyed learning some new things already! What about you?

I signed up, but had to work today. Hopefully I’ll catch up a bit this evening!

1 Like

I loved listening to Davis and Rachael Carman yesterday. They had such great insight about the opportunity we have as home schoolers to see God in everything we teach and reminded me that I need to pray about what curriculum to use and how to teach each of my children, to really take the time to get to know them and focus on their strengths more than their weaknesses.

2 Likes

Yes! That was very encouraging to hear. It’s hard not to try to cover EVERYTHING that is available out there, instead just having more of a tailored education for each of our children.
It was definitely a great encouragement to hear from their experiences and be reminded that we are God’s children, and so are our children, and that He is the real teacher.

2 Likes

I am watching the videos! Yesterday was all about math. There were people from Master Books, Math U See, BJU, and Rainbow Resources (I missed one video).
My favorite was Donna Krahn’s video from RR, she talked about many options for math curriculum and what to consider when choosing curriculum: your faith, your child learning style, your family needs, etc.
I am loving this event!

1 Like

Ken Ham WOW! What a great interview. He always has so much to offer.
The research he discusses for Already Gone is eye opening for sure. Being the mom of a 15 year old I need to do a better job of teaching apologetics. I will be looking over some of his recommendations.
Loved how he described the difference between dog as a kind and poodle as a degenerate mutation.

2 Likes

I thought the same things, @bezona!
Ken Ham (and Buddy Davis) are some of our favorite people. My 6yo son heard his voice and climbed on a chair to see and hear what he had to say.
My husband and I spent a good time last evening speaking about his message on the video. We really need to continue to be equipped to fight this spiritual war we are in and be ready to give an answer for our belief and hope.
Also, AIG’s DVD Science Confirms the Bible explains the mutations and kinds in more detail if you’re interested.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

2 Likes

Please, try to take time to watch Mark Hamby’s session " How to Use Literature to Instruct the Young in the Way of Wisdom". He is wonderful! This will be available until Monday, May 8th.

1 Like

Thank you - I haven’t been able to watch many but I will watch this one. :blossom:

1 Like

I hope you have time. I am watching it a second time to take notes. I am in the middle of the conference and already have 6 pages of “notes” :smile:.
He has so much to say about what really means instructing our kids in the Word of God. He is giving a very interesting explanation of the books of wisdom, from Job through Song of Solomon. I am sure you will enjoy this as much as me!

1 Like

I have just finished watching it @Elizabeth! You’re right- I loved it. Excellent, excellent!! His enthusiasm is also so contagious. I have to watch it again with my husband and take notes, as well.
I am so thankful that God has servants like Mark Hamby working for Him and for His people. This message was very encouraging. His research and explanations of the research are very enlightening. I love Lamplighter books and audio but had never heard Mr. Hamby speak before. So glad you mentioned it - thanks again!

1 Like

So today I watched Israel Wayne’s message titled Homeschooling: Preference or Conviction?
I highly suggest and encourage that every family would watch his message.

Some parents feel inadequate teaching their own children, some don’t really have a vision for doing so, others consider adopting government curriculum and/or help. Israel Wayne’s message would be of help to those and an encouragement to all.

1 Like