Positive Parenting Seminar

I loved the seminar tonight. I actually put the tool in to practice immediately! I can not afford the video course right now, but hope to in the future.

For others in this spot, it is definitely the lesser choice, but I did find this site:
( they have tool cards for sale and a blog to help in parent training.)
Positive Discipline

(I just found out there is also an app for $2.99)

Thanks for the link. I liked the seminar too, but I can’t afford the videos right now. Amy McCready does have a book on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Have-Tell-More-Time-Revolutionary/dp/0399160590/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1429758684&sr=1-1&keywords=amy+mccready

Agreed! We really enjoyed the pointers last night as well. Also, just wanted to tell Erica thank you so much for a comment you made during the chat. You reminded everyone that time spent doing school is not necessarily one-on-one time with the kiddos and that even your guys still always want more attention after school is finished. That is exactly how I feel and what happens at our house!! And I have SUCH a hard time getting my husband to understand that. Yes - I am with our kids 24/7/365…but that definitely does not always translate into one-on-one time with them. So many nights I have crashed into bed and felt horrible about how little time I truly spent with my kids, only to get my husbands look that says “Seriously??? You were here ALL day!” :unamused: Yes I was. But I was here as the teacher, the maid, the cook, the referee, the secretary, the accountant…do y’all get my point?! LOL! :smile: Some days its so hard to carve in those special moments that allow you to really and truly focus on just one or all of those precious kiddos. Don’t get me wrong, we read together daily and have family devotion time and things like that. But some days, you really do have to stop and tell all the other stuff “I’ll get to you later!” So, thanks Erica for mentioning that you struggle with that as well and reminding me that school time isn’t always one-on-one time to the kids either! :wink:

1 Like