Phonics help for Kinder

Hi! My first 2 struggled to learn to read. Dyslexic. They went through my Father’s World kindergarten and first Phonics and then all about reading (1-2 and 1-start 2). Neither liked AAR and neither would decode! ?? We did dabble into The Good and The Beautiful and Logic English. In the end they really just learned to read by reading. They are both starting All About Spelling. I’m hoping it will strengthen their phonics and improve reading.

I have a third son who will be six next month and is fighting me on my Father’s World kindergarten phonics. Im leary to try AAR bc of how much his brothers disliked it. He likes to write, with a dry erase marker, underneath the letter tiles and then tries to read. He only likes to read, really, if he’s writing/spelling. So far, I’m not suspecting/noticing dyslexia.

I was thinking about using AAS to teach reading along w AAR readers ?? Has anyone tried this? Thoughts/recommendations?

I believe that the first product AALpress came out with was AAS. Many families used that alone to teach their kids to read. Spelling and reading are 2 different things, however I’m sure you could do it and it’ll work out just fine. You can also try using a one book/manual approach like Teach your child to read in 100easy lessons and use letter tiles along side that and be just fine too.

I say give it a go with AAS and some readers :slight_smile: