Phoenix Arizona Field Trip Ideas?

Traveling to Phoenix Arizona and looking for weekday field trip ideas! If anyone has some suggestions, I would be very grateful! So far: Lego Discovery, Rocker 7 Farm Pumpkin Patch,…??

Thanks! donna

Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale. If you have a day, you can drive down to Karchener Caverns 2.5 - 3 hour drive).

Thanks so much! I will check those out!

Bearizona in Flagstaff, AZ is supposed to be pretty cool (we’re going there in a few weeks…it’s about a 3 hour drive from Phoenix).

If you can schedule a tour of the Crockett Honey bottling facility in Tempe, AZ, that was one of our favorite field trips…the owners are so awesome!

Something very simple but fun that we do often is to eat breakfast or lunch at the Hangar Cafe at the Chandler Airport. It is a small airport that has little planes constantly coming and going, and if you eat on their little patio, you can watch the planes…the kids love it!

Hope that helps!

Thank you so very much. donna

When will you be there? We are there from the 20th through the 29th…

We’ll be at Bearizona on November 4th, which is their homeschool day.

Rawhide is set up like an old western town and I remember it being fun as a kid.

Lots of fun hiking that’s kid friendly like Papago Park. It’s right next to the Phoenix Zoo. There’s a firetruck museum right over here as well. I forget the name of it though.

If you want to go outside of Phoenix, we just did a bunch of fun things in Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon last weekend.

Oh! Out of Africa is also fantastic!

Never heard of it and we live here in Mesa, AZ, Thanks for the info. Also, there are pumpkin patch farms open on weekend. One in Queen Creek, Gilbert and Phoenix. I’m going to take my daughter this Friday.

1 Like

How funny!! I was just on your YouTube channel a couple of days ago! I looked into Pumpkin Patches an wondered which was best. Would love your opinion on that! (We would love to meet you! We are not in town until the 20th though…)z

We live in Ahwatukee. :slight_smile:

Bearizona it amazing! Located 30 minutes outside of flagstaff in Williams. Depending on when you are coming, you can also do The Polar Express in williams. So cute. If you are going through flagstaff, lowells observatory is awesome :slight_smile: again, during November and
December you can do The North Pole Experince, located in flagstaff at the Little America Hotel. if you are staying in the Phoenix area, the new aquarium, odyssey, located in Scottsdale is very very cool!! Check out Groupon for cheaper tickets. Hope that helps.