COAH Community

Laundry help please?

I like normal ingredients, nothing that will explode ;), and I’m just looking for a tip on how to get cleaner clothes. I have babies that get their clothes really stained and dirty, my husband’s clothes get filthy at work too, and all the normal stuff. Thanks!

This may be bad advice because it isn’t made of natural ingredients but the brand Shout works great for us. I only use it when really needed.

Baking soda. Add to the laundry BUT for stubborn stains, make a paste with lemon juice and scrub in with old brush. If stain is really stubborn, lemon juice and sun (if white).

Also add hydrogen peroxide to your loads.

I make my own laundry soap. My husband is a diesel mechanic, and it gets his clothes clean! You can probably google recipes but I make mine like this: I grate a bar of zote or fels naptha soap and melt it in a few cups of water on the stove. In a 5-6 gallon bucket I add one cup of washing soda, one cup of borax, and 1/2 cup of baking soda. I add the melted soap water and I fill the bucket up with hot water to the brim and stir it all up. Let it sit overnight and it turns into a slightly watery/semi solid gel. I mix it once more and then you have a very long lasting, potent, stain busting, cheap laundry soap that you made yourself. :slight_smile: There are quite a few variations of this recipe. A quick search would give you lots of options!

Sounds great! I can’t wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing :smiley:

I will give the paste a try also! Thanks for sharing!!

I’d never heard of it before, but I am curious to try it out. Thanks!!

I do the same recipe as Jenny. However, we use that mixture 50/50 with water. It works fantastic! If I have a bad stain, we use OxyClean Spray on it.

Oxiclean works well!