Keepers vs Amer. Heritage

looking ahead, trying to see which would be a better fit. Do you have any experience with American Heritage Girls vs Keepers of the Faith?

I have been using KOF, and my children and I love it.
We have the Little Keepers as well, as those are perfect for around 2-9 year olds, it covers things like ABCs, coloring, setting a table, building blocks, reading the Bible, memorizing verses, pets, flowers, some baking I think, and much more. It is much simpler than Keepers of the Faith and Contenders for the Faith, both of which work well for the 8 yo and up. I have gone through everything the books cover, and have chosen which ones we will work on for each year until they graduate 12th grade. Of course some skills we will over more in depth as they get older, like making pie, canning, campfire, bow and arrows, gun safety, etc. It is great to have the books to guide us and it helps us to actually remember to do some of the things I want to do with them and find that it gets easily pushed aside. My children really love being crafty, creative, working with their hands, helping others, and this a great tool to get doing these sorts of things.
The books have Bible verses throughout, and I sometimes use them as copywork and it would be nice to put together the verses along with some pictures with what they worked on in their books (yearbooks/scrapbooks/notebooks).
They also sell these pins you can give as awards to your children for each skill learned. I haven’t done this yet, it could end up being costly depending on how many skills you work on, and how many children you have, but my children actually want me to so I’m still considering those.
Anyway, I can’t speak for American Heritage, but Keepers of the Faith has won our hearts.
Also, I would like to suggest Polished Cornerstones and Plants Grown Up by Doorposts
These are not the same type of books as KOF, but they are excelent. They focus on Character Training, which is listed as a skill to be learned on KOF, so it works out great. KOF also offers studies on Character Training though, called Write Upon My Heart.
Many good things to look into! Let me know what you decide on doing, or if you’ve found something else that is worth looking into as well. :sunny:

1 Like

Thank you, GC123! I appreciate the input!

1 Like