Keepers of the Faith Club?

How many are apart of this club? To my knowledge, we dont have one available. How difficult is it to start one? What are all the activities you’ve done?

They are easy to start. We do Keepers with the girls and Turbo and I do Contenders. Here is a post Erica did a couple of years ago on starting a group.

2 Likes

Found 1 more:

HTH

2 Likes

We were part of a Keepers at Home awhile ago, and it was a really fun group for my daughter. I wanted to share the way it was set-up as a helpful option in case you decide to start a group. Our group met once a month, and the moms took turns teaching a lesson and providing a small snack. At the beginning of the year, moms signed up for a month and tentatively wrote down what topic they would teach based on the subjects offered in the Keepers at Home book. There was a main leader who led a short worship time and shared a devotion at the beginning of each meeting. By having moms involved, the teaching responsibility was shared and the daughters were able to learn from someone who knew more about a specific topic.

The above format did not always offer enough time to fully complete all the requirements to earn a pin, so sometimes more work needed to be done at home. Some parents chose to have their daughter do the extra work, while others just liked the exposure their daughter got to various skills and therefore didn’t focus on earning the pins/completing all the requirements.

(I did not read the COAH posts, so please forgive me if this is repetitive.)

1 Like

I love their program, although we do not belong to a club. We use it at home within our own family.
I have the Essential Guide for Parents and Leaders and I have read most of what is in it. I would suggest purchasing it. My husband and I wanted to either start a club or incorporate the program into our already existing church program, but that has not yet been done because we have had so much going on that we can not do so yet.
We have chosen to just do it at home for now with our children, and I’m still glad we have this Guide because of all of the wonderful information that is in it. So whether you start a club and use their forms and helpful insight and advice on how to start and run a club or whether you choose to use tthe program at home you’ll be glad to have the Guide either way.

1 Like