I ordered my curriculum! Woooooooo!

I am crazy excited and had to share somewhere. I ordered our curriculum and it should be here in about a week. We ordered BookShark. It will be for our 7 and 5 year old. I am so excited to get started! I shared a couple days ago that we just got some bookcases etc from Ikea. We’re going to start setting up the school room this weekend and plan to begin school on August 24. Yaaaaaaay!

7 Likes

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Congrats!!!

2 Likes

You are going to have a fun “box day” soon!

2 Likes

Yay! What an exciting day!!! When I ordered ours I texted/called my few homeschool friends because like you, I just had to tell someone!!! :slight_smile: Congratulations! Enjoy setting up the room–that sounds exciting too!!

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I know the feeling! Just ordered HOD for the first time and ours should be here in about a week too!!! :slight_smile: Also getting ready to order our Ikea bookshelves! Which ones did you go with?! I love our current book shelves (also Ikea) but we need to add more and I can’t wait!!!

2 Likes

We got the Kallax (sp?) in two sizes and 2 Billy bookcases.

Also, I saw the weight of the shipment on the FedEx website: 66 lbs. :grimacing:

Yup those are the ones I want to get they are my fave. I had the one Ikea had before by a different name with 16 squares I was gonna get a 4 shelf one but hubby says I can get another 16 (Yay for hubby) lol :slight_smile: I think I might get the square with 4 shelves for the children’s room and I have a Billy one in my room (can you tell I love shelves and books?!) After that I think I should have enough shelves to last us a lifetime!
Your package is double ours… I think I might be a lil jealous :wink:

1 Like

How fun! I was super excited when I finally ordered our curriculum! We chose sonlight for our first year and the kids had so much fun looking through everything when it arrived.

2 Likes

@Proverbs31, you might not be jealous of our credit card bill? lol

@NicoleB, are you using Sonlight this year?

1 Like

Yes. This is our first year and we are using sonlight. We ordered it in May, so I’m kind of ready to just start already. :wink:

2 Likes

I think you will love HOD! It has blessed our family tremendously:). Wonderful curriculum!

1 Like

@mamalisa Lol this is true!!! The packages add up to soooo much +shipping! sigh

@Jharp I would love to hear more about your HOD experience. We are doing LHTH, LHFHG and BHFHG, but I actually can’t WAIT to start Preparing. That is what originally attracted me to HOD it looks like such a wonderful guide. :slight_smile: