Homeschool Name

So fun to read all the names!

Our state doesn’t require names, so it’s just for fun here.

When my kids were little, we called it Anchor Bible Academy (for one of our favorite verses, Hebrews 6:19–my website is also Hope Is My Anchor).

For high school we just went with our street name–____ Avenue Home School, which we used on our transcripts. I felt having a name on the transcript was easier than not having one, and it’s on my son’s diploma too.

Funny story…a friend of mine whose kids are grown homeschooled in the '90’s and filled out some form in town with their school name. A health inspector came looking for the school to see if the cafeteria was up to code!

6 Likes

We are Shanan Academy. “Shanan” is the Hebrew word for “to whet or sharpen” and, according to Strong’s Concordance, is the Hebrew word used in Deuteronomy 6:7 for “teach them diligently”.

3 Likes

We are just using our last name and adding academy to it. The Rauch Academy. The kids love the name, we decided about it over dinner one night.

I mentioned this idea to hubby, and his suggestion was Xavier’s School for the Gifted. Lol.

7 Likes

I just used… Miss Brandy’s Class… a little simple easy name… and something I can use on other things that are for my homeschool class

We let the children come up with suggestions and then voted. We ended up as Appletree Learning School with a bookworm mascot.

2 Likes

We let our daughter choose: Parkside Learning Academy. I love the idea of having a mascot!

When we named our school it was really born out of people constantly asking my 5 year old “Where do you go to school?” Instead of saying homeschool (which is fine) I thought that would be a great opportunity to share our faith. So we named our school The Twelve:Two School for Girls(we have three girls) So that when someone ask why is it called 12:2 they can tell them it is from Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God. What is good and acceptable and perfect.” That is our verse for school and my 4 yo and 6y.o. have both memorized it to share with others. Just a fun thing and it works for just having a name to put down when you need one. I also want to make t-shirts at some point so that will be fun. We also have school colors: purple and silver. And we are the shooting stars (for the mascot).

5 Likes

We are starting homeschool in July. But we have started some of the early work. First thing was coming up with a name. I found a web page where you enter 3 items and they give you a name. My girls had a blast coming up with different things and the names that came from it. We finally settled on Blossom Valley Academy.

2 Likes

@Sarasein what was the website?

1 Like

Reading all the fun names inspired me to come up with something. I’d planned on naming our school but was going to wait a few years. It was so much fun for our family to come up with a name. We decided on Lone Star Christian Academy. My husband runs a blog with Lone Star as part of the name plus we live in Texas. Our mascot is a Lynx and we are still deciding on colors. My husband made certificates for the kids already. It was a lot of fun coming up with everything.

2 Likes

It was here http://eclectic-homeschool.com/homeschool-name-generator/

1 Like

We are Christian Heritage Homeschool. Our verse is Psalm 119:111, “Thy testimonies have I taken as an HERITAGE forever; for they are the rejoicing of my heart.” Through homeschooling we want to leave our children a heritage of loving God and His Word!

2 Likes

Ours is called: Dual Learning Homeschool. We are learning in two languages and we are proud to be homeschooling!

2 Likes

I have changed my mind lol I am going to use the other suggestions and let the kids come up with a name and colors and mascot. I bet that would be great for them and help them to feel more involved. Thank you all who said that is what you do.

We decided to name our school, it was a fun idea, and something I didn’t really think of until reading this post and all the comments. We are Crafting Minds Academy, (after mine craft, which our boys love, clever husband I have)!

We are the Ebenhack School for Muggles, because we love Harry Potter! :joy::joy::joy: