High school help

Hi I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for high school fine arts, foreign lang he needs Spanish 2 and a good chemistry curriculum. We are switching from an online school and I need to know what curriculum will give high school credits.

Hi! I have a video coming up next Tuesday where I’m talking about what to do to prepare for homeschooling through high school. In the meantime, to answer your immediate questions, you’ll need to contact your local school district to find out graduation requirements so you can start planning your curriculum lineup based on those.

I also suggest contacting any prospective colleges to see what they’ll accept as credits as well as what their entrance requirements are. Combining your state graduation requirements along with college entrance requirements is a good place to start. Then you will build your curriculum backwards from there.

As far as curriculum that is accredited, unfortunately Rosetta Stone does NOT count for HS foreign lang. credit, but I believe Abeka and BJU press do offer foreign lang. accredited curriculum. For science, math, etc, you’ll need to contact your district again to make sure the curriculum you’re choosing will count for graduation credit requirements.

Hope that helps for now!
Erica

1 Like

We’ve been using Homeschool Spanish Academy and they specifically ask you when you start the courses if your child needs credit for the course. They are elementary all the way to adult learners. It’s been great for us, and I’ve even been able to learn as well. Check them out… they’re offering a free class right now Schedule Free Class - Homeschool Spanish Academy

Really late to this but I’m hopeful it would help others. A common pattern I’ve seen with kids (my kids including) learning languages is, they are quick at grasping but the nuances of the language and grammar takes a very long time. They need guidance and exposure from people who natively speak the language. If that’s a difficulty then one can look up to language experts and homework help every now and then. I was travel homeschooling my kids in Southeast Asia when my elder son decided to pursue Spanish language, this is when Bartleby Learn’s Spanish homework help was really useful. Cheers!