Has anyone used We Choose Virtues?

I have had my eye on this for a couple of years. I have tried to purchase it a few times, but stop everytime. I am having a hard time justifying the price. Bare minimum Parents Cards and one Wall Poster will cost about $50. If you have used it, is it worth the money? I am having some behavior issues with my 3 and 4 year old boys. (Never went through these with my 7 and 9 year old girls) I have looked at many other Chararacter Development/ Virtue programs and they don’t interest me.

I haven’t used the whole program, but I have the parenting cards. They’re cute, but I don’t feel like there is enough for our family. We needed actual activities to practice these virtues. Saying them is one thing, but doing is another. The full program might have more than I’m aware, but I can’t bring myself to buy it either.

There are so many better choices IMO. We have used parts of the following :
The Character Corner has Little Lads and Ladies of Virtue AND Lads and Ladies of Wisdom
The Road to 31 offers ABC’s for Godly Girls/Boys
Reluctant Entertainer has Balcony Girls
There are also several out there based on the Armor of God
Also a popular option is We Choose Virtues
Doorposts has a lot of character building guidance
Simply Charlotte Mason sells a book and DVD called Laying Down the Rails

The first ones on this list are easier to implement, and the latter give more guidance and let you decide how to teach. I have focused a lot on character building in the early years

I bought We Choose Virtues about 18 months ago. I think there were a couple of buying options at that time and I spent around 40.00 and ended up with the parenting cards and a download that I printed at home and put in a 1/2" binder. The download had Sing-Along Songs for each virtue to familiar tunes, character assessment “tests” and memory verses for different age ranges. It also had a coloring book I was able to print for each of my kids. We do like it, and my kids love the characters for each virtue. They ask to hear a story about them while they color the picture. The biggest pro for us was the songs. It’s now a habit that if my kids are struggling with something we just sing the song. I’ve sung the song for self control at every grocery store in a 20 mile radius. For that alone, it was worth the money=)
Overall, I would recommend it, as long as you have the ability to print at home if that makes it more affordable. Hope this helps!

2 Likes