Feedback on Notgrass, America the Beautiful?

Just looking for feedback on Notgrass - America the Beautiful. We have been using SOTW, but I’m looking to get more into American history this year with my 2nd grader and 5th grader. Thanks in advance!

Amanda

I just ordered this myself for my son who is in 5th grade! I had bought the History of US and was extremely disappointed in her writing style. I really like America the Beautiful so far. (I haven’t been using it long.) It seems to go into great detail without talking down to the student. Also, so many more interesting facts then a normal textbook it seems! It is from a christian perspective… but if that bothers you, you can very easily skip over those parts. (For example they have a Bible reading for each lesson - and sometimes they add in things in the text.)

The other thing I really really love is the geography portion. Every unit they have a lesson about someplace in the United States. I love travel, geography, etc, and really want my kids to love learning about places around the world too, and I think this will accomplish that goal. :smile:

I hope that this helps! Let me know if you want to know anything else in particular, or if you have any other questions. I’ll try to help as best as I can. :slight_smile:

1 Like