Do your kid need movement in the morning?

I’m just thinking about our routine for next year and am wondering how to start the day. I find my kids wake up with loads of energy. Do any of you start with exercise or movement of some sort? If so, what and how? We live in Alberta Canada so most of our school year going outside in the am is not an option.

1 Like

@Mlott we live just outside Buffalo NY! Between 2 Great Lakes, so I understand about weather:) we have an indoor trampoline, balls, hippity hips, and a bunch of other “outdoor” type movement toys indoor. I also have my son take breaks every 30-45 mins for movement:) sometimes I just have him do 5 jumping jacks, or we move like animals, I set up obstacle courses indoors using couch cushions, etc…it definitely helps him😉

1 Like

Yes! I have a child that wakes up moving full speed. I have a list of some favorite songs on youtube that I play every morning. After the kids eat they can jump, bounce and dance their wiggles away while I am getting ready for the day. Most days I give at least 30 minutes of “dance party time” some days more if were all really having fun. But that little bit will get me about 1 1/2 hours of school time before we need another break. My kids look forward to it every day and they are memorizing the lyrics to some of our favorite praise & worship songs.

1 Like