DIY Homeschool Co-Op

Are there any homeschool co-op leaders out there? If so, what would you recommend one use to start their own co-op? Is there a MUST READ book out there packed with ideas & beginning tools? Any great already made curriculums out there to use? And those searching for a co-op group, what kind of lessons/topics would you want to see at a co-op near you??

Alright, just found another topic talking about co-ops! LOL!! How do I delete this topic?? I know we don’t need two threads on co-ops here. But if there are co-op leaders out there, let us know a good read or site to use to get a co-op up and running :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is a good topic! I’d love to know how someone can go about starting a co-op, or starting a home school group of any sort. I’ve always thought that starting a book club for home school kids would be cool. My kids really like to read and I think having a weekly get-together with snacks and discussions would be fun. I wouldn’t even know where to begin when it comes to starting something up and reaching out to other local homeschoolers though…

4 Likes

A kids book club sounds so fun too!!! Hopefully we’ll get some veterans in here to give us tips :wink:

2 Likes

I have actually begun the process of starting a book club for my daughter and homeschool friends. I am in a homeschool group so that helps. We will put it in our monthly newsletter to get the word out. The hardest part is finding which book to start with. There’s quite an age range so just trying to find the right book for all. As of right now it’ll be once a month and start at our house and possibly each month have it at a different person’s house. And of course drinks and snacks included!! Another thought was having it at our local library and maybe making some sort of craft to go along with the book.

2 Likes

This is a very good topic actually :smile: some people start Lego Clubs, new language club - which could be arranged in a community centre -, painting& drawing club, and sometimes some nature adventure clubs -but not very suitable in certain areas. I think it all depends on the kids interest as well as the group which will join you :smile:

1 Like