Cooking curriculum?

I would like to start teaching my daughter to cook. I found a few kids cookbooks, but I’m really looking for something that teaches cooking terms and techniques. I’ve searched online and haven’t found much? Does anyone know off a cooking curriculum for kids? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi! I came across a great cooking curriculum that my kids love. It teaches cooking terms and kitchen safety before they get into the actual cooking. It is easy to use and understand. It’s called cooking with kids from buildamenu.com
I really think it’s exactly what you are looking for. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @csuttermedic . I will definitely check this out! :blush:

You’re welcome! Hope you enjoy it!

I couldn’t find the curriculum on the website.

I just now googled build a menu cooking with kids and it was the 2nd link to come up. The first one was build a menu’s fb page. I hope that helps.

Depending on the age of your child, there is Home Economics that I am teaching next trimester to two teenagers. One is 13 and the other is 15. I found quite a bit of information on Home Ec for Home school. I hope this helps you out.

1 Like

Thank you! She is 6, but I will definitely check it out. :blush:

1 Like

A Girl’s Guide to Home Skills and Marmee’s Kitchen Primer might be of your interest!
Also, the Young Man’s Handy Book is the boy’s version of the Kitchen Primer.

2 Likes

We found Raddish Kids last year at a homeschool convention and we LOVE it! You get a box every month with recipes, techniques, homeschool extension lessons to correlate with the meals and country they are from. My son looks forward to the box every month. (they even have allergen alternatives online each month, being GF and DF, this is great for us!)

For my older girls, I have found is Craftsy or Umedy or MOOC - my favorite because it is free!

Candice

2 Likes

@GC123 and @faithfulmom Thank you both for your suggestions! I haven’t heard of any of those. I’m excited to look into them!!!

1 Like

You’re welcome! And actually, as I was looking into it a little bit more, that marmeedear site also sells FCH (Future Christian Homemakers). It’s more of a curriculum than the Primer, and it was designed to be used with a group of girls but can be adapted to be used at home.
So I guess it depends on what you’re looking for!
The other thing I found from MarmeeDear&Co is the Girl’s Guide to Home Skills. I bought it and I’m using it with my 9yo daughter. It is such a help!! And we both love it.
I hope you find what you’re looking for!! :smiley:

1 Like