Baking Soda and Vinegar for Cleaning

I seem to use baking soda and vinegar to clean nearly everything in my house: sink, counters, tables, outside of the toilet, bathtub, oven, even to mop! I love that it’s cheap and effective. Vinegar is great at getting rid of germs and no chemicals!

I just put the vinegar in a spray bottle and use it as a regular cleaner, or sometimes heat it up (get’s rid of more germs) and add Dawn.

Baking soda is abrasive so it’s great for stuck on things like food stuck on ovens, or my white porcelain sink. Plus, vinegar and baking soda have that great chemical reaction that bubbles and dissolves things too.

What do you use baking soda and vinegar for?

2 Likes

Laundry! Vinegar to help remove odors and baking soda for stains. I clean with this stuff constantly.
I use vinegar as a conditioner for my hair (apple cider) and baking soda for toothpaste and in my homemade deodrant.

3 Likes

How do you make the deodorant?

I love to use vinegar to clean also! It cleans so well but best of all you aren’t inhaling bad chemicals. Cheap and healthy, it’s a win win for sure!

I use baking soda in my liquid laundry detergent recipe. I also use it in my dishwasher powder recipe. I keep white vinegar around in case I splash any lye when making homemade soap!

I use vinegar to clean everything. Its funny because people ask me how do I stand the smell but who likes the smell of bleach. Ugh. Also you get used to it, most people smell bleach and they think thats the smell of something clean. My kids smell vinegar and they think clean.Or that we are having subs…either one lol

1 Like

I take my vinigar and put in in a glass jar for a few weeks with some lemon slices. Sooooo much better than vinegar to my hubby! He didn’t even know that I was using vinegar for the longest time. :slight_smile:

I tried it with orange peel too but didn’t like the outcome.

1 Like

Sorry that I am ust now getting to this.

Coconut oil, baking soda, corn starch.

You can add an essential oil for smell if you desire but I prefer no scent.

It really does work!