Anyone use Sonlight for PK?

I am considering using Sonlight for my 3yo next year, but am wondering if it is worth the cost.

I have 3 older kids, so I need a PK curriculum that has most of the materials already included. I really don’t have the time to be printing and laminating all the time.

I would love to hear about your experiences with Sonlight.

I used it for my oldest last year when she was 3 after reading and hearing many good things about it. I love children’s literature and was excited to try it. It did not work for us. The books were not interesting to my daughter (or me) except for a few. I ended up selling it. We did LOTW and I supplemented with good children’s literature and lots of fun hands-on lessons.

I used Sonlight preschool curriculum for my youngest son. (They didn’t have preschool when my oldest was that young).
He loved it. I loved it. It was so nice to sit on the couch and snuggle and read so many wonderful books.
Yes, it is open and go. If you purchase the whole preschool core you will have everything you need: lesson plans, books, suggestions for extra activities.

The lesson plans are wonderful: They tell you everyday exactly what to read (Honestly though, the books are so wonderful that we often read more than was scheduled for that day). What is nice about that is that it gave us the flexibility to not have to do every scheduled book everyday. It all worked out by the end of the week.

1 Like

We have used the p4/5 and really enjoyed it. Your LO would need to be able to sit through longer books for this and there aren’t really printables along with it. Just the books and developing learners workbooks. The 3 yo curriculum doesn’t have a daily schedule laid out (at least not when I purchased) and was really disappointed about that. There weren’t activities or anything. You may want to look into my father’s world and heart of Dakotas preK programs. They may have a better structure. Or put together things from fee printables and do it all over the summer so it’s ready to go next year.

We will be starting p4/5 in September. It looks like it’s going to be so much fun! The instructors guide is easy to understand and the books look really good!