Schooling 4 days a week

A lot of people have already answers, so I’ll keep it short. We do 4 1/4ish days. We do the bulk of our work M-Th, then Friday is kept very light. What we always do Friday: “Morning Meeting” (calendar, weather, etc) and math. Then the rest of the time is either catching up on a few odds/ends from earlier in the week, and/or playing a few educational games or doing an extra fun project, experiment or field trip. The day is kept light and short - almost student driven (with exception for math because that is 5 days a week… and as I said, sometimes it’s finishing something up - like a writing assignment she had been working on). We don’t school year round, but we do a shorter summer than most public schools, so this affords us the time to meet all the required days, but not do a full 5 day schedule. Hope this helps/makes sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We school 4 days a week because I run a food pantry on Tuesday. If they do any work on Tues, it is just math that my hubby oversees. Fridays are always still light days because I am dragging my behind by then. I focus on math and reading…if thats all we get done during the week…I am satisfied.

We are going to be starting HS next year, I have been pondering the idea of 4 days as well, but I also want to do year-round. So that should make 4 days a week possible, and the 5th day will still be for field trips, outings and large projects!

3 Likes