Questions about Math Lessons for a Living Education

Now that Math Lessons for a Living Education is free, I am considering it for next year for a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. I have a few questions:

(1) Based on the TOC, my 3rd grader would be in book 2 (except for subtraction, which would be Book 1) and my 6th grader in Book 4 (except for division, which would be Book 3). Could I start with Books 2 and 4 anyway and only do the sections of 1 and 3 as needed?

(2) Could we skip entire lessons or parts of lessons if my dc already know the concept? My dd knows how to tell time and the names of the months and days of the week, but doesn’t know how many weeks or days are in a year, for example.

TIA,
Karen

1 Like

http://www.mathlessonsforalivingeducation.com/ for those who want to find it. I had never heard of this, so I am glad you asked about it. (I don’t have an answer to your questions, but wanted to say THANKS for sharing the resource)

1 Like

@nerakr, even though I have never used this curriculum, I would use it as any other curriculum, according to your needs. If your kid knows the lesson, skip it; if she/he doesn´t, take it. I am curious about how did you know in which book your kids would be? Is there a placement test?

1 Like

Elizabeth,

I don’t know if there’s a placement test or not. I was just looking at what was covered in the samples.