Math without purchased curriculum?

My daughter is in Kindergarten this year and for math, I find things on the Internet or Teachers Pay Teachers that either fits our theme or skill she is working on. I lean toward things that are mostly hands on with very little worksheets.She has very good number sense and seems to learn best this way. I’ve been researching math programs for next year, but none really seem like a good fit. Skill wise she is anywhere between K-2. I bought Family Math and I thought I’d just work from that and supplement as neeeded. A friend recommended Life Of Fred and I may purcase that too. Is there anyone else who doesn’t use a purchased curriculum? Any suggestions or ideas I have not mentioned? Thanks!

Our daughter is the same level as yours. Shes 4 1/2 and is doing k to 2 grade work. There are so many great resources online. Khan academy is good, abcya.com is great and it turns the learning into games. We use both for supplement and work great, most of all free! We do have a purchased curriculum, Singapore, which has worked well and isnt very expensive. Others have suggested xtramath.com which is also free.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll have to check those out. I 've heard of abcya. Forgot all about it. :smile:

1 Like