Math question-should I switch right now?

My son is in Kindy and he’s a whiz at Math. It’s his favorite subject and he’s been pretty bored all year. He’s been doing Horizons since it came with our Sonlight curriculum. I’m looking into Math U See and I love what I’ve read about it. A question I have for right now is this…My son is asking for harder stuff. I planned on not starting him with Math U see until the Fall but I’m wondering if I should just get it for him right now and get him going on it. We’re planning on homeschooling through most of the Summer. I just want to make sure he has something to work on when he wants to so he doesn’t get frustrated.

Thanks all!

I see no reason not to switch now. It is your homeschool, do what he needs. You didn’t have to be confined to an arbitrary time schedule.

4 Likes

MUS is one of those programs that you can start and end at any time. (Some math program need to complete a level in a school year to work properly.) Go for it!

I agree with the others! If you have the means and he has the will, go for it. Feed his curiosity while he has it!

1 Like