Ideas to help with Dyslexia

Just wondering if any of you have ideas for teaching a child with dyslexia. My daughter (1st grade) I believe is dyslexic and I’ve figured out ways to help her. I just ordered All About Reading and All About Spelling for next school year. Just wondering if there were some fun ideas I could use to help her. Thanks!

Look into Diane Craft brain training.

1 Like

All About Reading and All About Spelling is what I was going to recommend. :smile:

1 Like

I just ordered All About Reading and All About Spelling for her. From the reviews and what I’ve read about it, I think it will be a great fit for her! Thanks for the recommendation! =)

My 8yo presents with classic dyslexia… reading and spelling delays. When learning to read, she used an overlay (basically a colored transparency) over the text. Many dyslexics say it helps their eyes to “organize the 2D text”. Most prefer yellow. My daughter said red was a drastic improvement and only read with her overlay for a year. This year she is comfortable reading without it and reads beautifully until her brain becomes weary. Then she may grab her overlay. I would recommend trying all colors, as crazy as it sounds.
overlays on Amazon

1 Like

@tlfortney Hello there! If you are looking for a handwriting program to aid in the reduction of reversals in your daughter’s writing I would highly recommend Handwriting without Tears.

1 Like