First Day of Homeschooling, EVER!

What are some things I can do for my boys (9, 7, and 7) to make our very first day ever of Homeschooling special? We will begin homeschooling with a public charter school right after Christmas. This will all be so new and different for all of us, as we only know public school. There are so many unknowns and a lot anxiety over what will be expected and how it will all come together by both my husband and me, and our little ones. I really want it to be fun and exciting for all of us!

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS! :smile:

Hopefully others will chime in too, but I’ll go first. Erica has posted a little bit about how we start our first day. Here is a link:

1 Like

We always have a first day of school breakfast. We go to the Pancake House, Denny’s, etc. and have breakfast and come back and do school. Usually I slowly work in subjects. One year I started with Reading and Math and worked in the rest of the subjects one per week. This year (my school year starts right after the New Year and I go year round) I will probably do 1 individual subject and 1 group subject for my oldest (4th grade). My youngest is in pre-K so he’s tags along.

1 Like

How exciting! I hope you have a great spring with homeschooling! Here are some of our First Day traditions.