Do you have a set "start time" every day?

Yes. School starts at 8:30 here. But I have 9 children, 6 of whom are in school. In order for school to happen like it needs to, school simply HAS to start on time each day, so that I can be sure to have a slot with everyone who needs one.

1 Like

We live on a farm so we usually eat breakfast then do outside farm chores before starting our school day. We like to start school by 9:00 and be done by 2:00 each day. Some days it’s way later then 9:00, things happen & that’s okay. We still get some school work done & usually a whole lot of real life learning!

2 Likes

I can relate. we live on a farm also. Chores are always our first thing we do. We also participate in 4H so once that starts we are also walking our animals every day before school.

1 Like

Our homeschool includes 6 children and a 2 year old. We simply function better with a routine. It helps the children know when they need to be at our specified gathering spot (the living room) in the morning. For us, start time is 8:30 am. (although there are times when I’m running a little behind schedule!) That’s our morning kickoff- prayer, singing, devotion and announcements.

1 Like

We try to start by 9. Sometimes we all are up and ready to go by 8:30. :smile: LOL I love that we can have that flexibility to sleep in and get school started when the kids are ready. I’ve found that if we start before 9, the kids attitudes aren’t that great. They’re cranky and still tired.

1 Like