Classical Conversation

Has anyone or is anyone doing Classical Convertation and what is your thoughts about it. Pros and Cons

Id like to know this too

I looked into it and the format is just too rigid for my liking. It wouldn’t work well with the way my daughter learns.

1 Like

We are going into our second year of it and I really love it. My kids are 7, 5, and 2. I think what I like the best is that the philosophy behind it makes sense and there is a long term plan that has proven results. I’m a huge planner and love that everything is simply laid out, I know what to expect, and the kids have so much fun.

A normally community day includes half an hour of learning new memory material, half an hour of science, half an hour of fine arts, and half an hour of presentations. My kids love memorizing when songs or hand motions are involved. We choose what to strictly memorize for future knowledge and what to delve eeper into through library books, YouTube, etc.

Do you have specific questions? You are also welcome to visit your local community to get a feel for it. They often have open houses and informational meetings.

I got her material in and looked through it. Honestly I was intimidated and scared that she would get frustrated on the memory work. It seems like a lot of work to be done at home too. I have two days to decide if I should do it or not.