Art Curriculum for Kindergarten

I am looking for a good but cheap art curriculum for my 5 year old.

We are using Home Art Studio. DVD’s are reasonable, but with art the cost comes in the supplies. We have gotten a lot of our supplies with coupons at Michaels and JoAnns. Deep Space Sparkle has lots of great ideas, as does Pinterest.

But I must say with Pinterest - BE CAREFUL!!! I was recently looking for classroom ideas. On a page that seemed reputable, and was all kids stuff I clicked on a classroom ideas that pulled up a completely nude photo of a woman. No warning and one of my kiddos was in the room. Made me sick…

We are enjoying Home Art Studio and currently doing the 3rd grade with my kids ages: 4,8,10 and 12. So far it holds all their interest. It seems pretty simple and sometimes cheesy to me, but they still enjoy it. She uses a “be creative” tag line that plays with a little sound effect and we find ourselves saying it all the time now. :wink:

For us there was a lot more cost involved as we have 4 kiddos and I am doing projects with them. So that meant 5 sets of a lot of things. Some things can be shared, but not all. You may want to keep your eyes open for back to school clearance. I know our Walmart has a ton left.

Now that we are doing Art - it’s so worth the cost. My kids are having a blast - as am I! Hope you find what works for you.

Did you report that page??

As far as art, I’m still not sure, but I’m going to check out Home Art Studio.

I did report it - but wonder what if anything they do. I certainly hope they take it seriously.

I’ve reported links and they respond pretty quickly.