100th Day of School?

Do you celebrate the 100th day of school with your kids? I remember doing it in 1st grade at my public school and it was lots of fun, but what do you do with a small family? How do you make it special? Is it even worth it?

2 Likes

We do. There are many ideas online. We hid 100 Hershey Kisses that we numbered 1-100. We had her find them and put the corresponding one n a hundred chart. On the 1st day we started makig a bead necklace, adding one bead each day. She counted the beads and wore it on the 100th day. We put together a 100 piece puzzle. Measured how far we could take 100 steps. We did more, but I can’t remember everything. Our daughter is in Kindergarten.

2 Likes

I’ve never celebrated 100th day. (Does that make me lame? LOL) But I agree, you can google ideas - and use Pinterest. I love Pinterest. I may never DO all the things I see, but boy is it a fun place to visit!

3 Likes

My son is 4 and he’s the only one so there wasn’t much partying going on. I was going to have him make a 100-day snack pack with 10 each of 10 items, but he’s kind of a picky eater so I didn’t do that. I did make him some 100-day glasses out of paper which he ended up ripping up. The other thing I made up was a 100-day puzzle http://teachbesideme.com/hundred-chart-math-puzzle/ He still asks to do it so hey at least I found one thing he likes.

1 Like

We just celebrated our 100th day a few weeks ago. My husband and I planned an entire day of activities, including games, crafts, obstacle courses, etc. We finished it off with a cake (actually 3 cakes!) in the shape of “100” - the kids loved it - it was totally worth it and was a great family bonding time. We put a LOT of prep work into it, but we’d do it again in the second. My question is - do I repeat the same activities next year, or do we need to come up with new ideas?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wondered that too. We did the100th day the year before in pre-k. I finally just asked my daughter what she wanted. She picked a few favorites from the year before and I added a few things.

2 Likes

We do celebrate our 100th day of school. It’s something the kids look forward to and they have fun putting on a sticker each day till we get to 100. This year we (my husband and I) blew up 100 balloons and filled the school room so when they kids go up in the morning they had a suprise. They played with those balloons for an hour, Then they went on a hershy kiss hunt trying to find 100 of them to put on a 100 chart. Each hurshey kiss had a number written on the bottom. We made fruit loop necklaces counting out 10 groups of tens fruit loops. Next we tried to guess where 100 steps will get us to out the front door. Then we took a walk to see who was right. We made a pizza with 100 topping on for dinner. We did several more things like this and that is how we spent our day. The kids loved it.